New Mexico Quilters Association
"We're Enchanted With Quilting!"
Geraldine the Giraffe, Inspired to Stitch
Instructor: Pam Holland
June 25 and June 26, 2018
Monday and Tuesday
8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
At Ann Silva's Bernina-
4520 Alexander Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Cost: $107.50 Members
$150.50 Non Members
Geraldine is a two-day class for all experience levels. The inspiration comes from Pam’s photos of her travels to Kenya. In this class, you will:
1. Learn a great deal about values and textures.
2. Recognize that this is not a quilt to use up your scrap fabrics. There are carefully chosen specific fabrics for texture and color balance.
3. Learn a great deal about color.
4. The stitching is ‘appliquilted’ (appliqued and quilted) at the same time. This involves free motion thread sketches on the raw edges.
5. You will learn a great deal in this class.
Visit Pam Holland’s website www.iampamholland.com to view the slideshow about creating your own Geraldine.
Pam Holland has been teaching quilting and textile art for at least 25 years. She sees herself as a journalist in fabric, because each quilt tells a story. She teaches multiple processes in each quilt. She was awarded the Jewel Pearce Patterson Scholarship for international quilt teachers through The International Quilt Association, and has been a finalist for the ICAP teacher of the year several times. She is thrilled to share that many of her students have gone on to become Tutors and proven winners in their own right. She teaches all over the globe.
When she is not traveling, Pam lives in Australia.
©2022 Copyright • New Mexico Quilters Association is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization.